Site Links

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Slow Progress

Work, work, work.  It's the same story for most of us.  I'm not going to let anything get in the way of this though.  I'm going to put time towards my music.  There is something in my head that keeps coming up with melodies and lyrics.  I have to nurture that.

Having setbacks though.  Had three wisdom teeth removed this week, so it's going to take time before I can sing anything.  In the time being I'm going to work on getting copyrights for my lyrics, getting the notes laid out on my keyboard, and possibly getting those copyrighted as well.  I also need to trademark a few things.  I've noticed over the years that a lot of people have come up with some of the same awesome things that I have, maybe not exactly the same but really close, and I did not take the steps to protect my ideas and take ownership of them.  I am not sure what all I need to do, but I do know before I put anything on YouTube I want to legally make sure that no one else can steal any of the things that I create.

I haven't even tried to share this blog with anyone yet.

Things I've done:
-Set up a Gmail account
-Set up a blog
-Set up a YouTube page

Things to do:
-Patent my stage name
     -if taken, I need to find a new one that will suit my goals and image I want to portray
-Finish more songs; I've got 50+ songs written and only 6 that I can play and sing
-Copyrights, Copyrights, Copyrights
-Upload videos onto YouTube

From there I'm just interacting with people and figuring out where this will go, and hopefully find out why this phenomena is happening to me.  I can come up with songs from almost nothing.  It is kind of weird I guess but, it's soothing and it helps me deal with things.

Let's see where this goes!

--The Phantom--



No comments:

Post a Comment