Site Links

Monday, January 28, 2013

Legal and Admin steps...

Learning about trade names and trademarks.  More specifically 'service marks' which is what an artist would be providing given the circumstances of how music works.  You provide a service of entertainment, to the public hence the 'service' within the terminology.  It's going to cost a lot of money to make sure that the stage name I have decided for myself is not going to be used, it's also going to take time to get some attention towards it.

However, I am adamant about going with 'The Phantom Songwriter', it just has a good flow to me.  So, I'm going to have to find a way to get the appropriate funding and plan this all out the correct way.  The first couple of methods will require me using upwards of two thousand dollars, which I can do...but I need to wait and plan this out so that this is all secure.

After achieving the trademark, from there I just have to copyright my music using a couple recording and we should be in business.  I'll then feel safe about putting stuff on the internet of me singing some of my original music that I have come up with.

Everything takes time, but that doesn't mean it's not frustrating.

I'm hoping no one else beats me to the punch and does all of this before I get a chance to patent what I've come up for myself.

Did work on trademark stuff tonight, I'll look into copyrighting my lyrics tomorrow.

--The Phantom--

No comments:

Post a Comment